Make2Pack ISA88 Part 5: A little less because Part 1 is more
With the ISA88 Part 1 now out for what is sure to be the final vote, it really makes sense to push Part 5 through to completion. Here are some Part 1 highlights that will ease the burden for Part 5.
With the ISA88 Part 1 now out for what is sure to be the final vote, it really makes sense to push Part 5 through to completion. Here are some Part 1 highlights that will ease the burden for Part 5. Thanks Part 1 members!
– There was an effort to identify a different and new type of "control" that was needed by Part 5. What we got was a "generic Equipment Module" that is not recipe aware. This is a really big deal.
– There are also updated state diagrams in Part 1 and a more complete version in an annex that meets the needs that Part 5 had been struggling with.
– And another is operating schemes: mutually exclusive process actions executed by the same equipment module. This is a core part of the Resource Management issues of Part 5.
Make2Pack Part 5 working group is currently holding meetings the first Tuesday of every Month that goes from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. USA Eastern time (adjusted for Daylight savings time) and the third Thursday of every month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. USA Eastern Time.
The group is deep into developing the Working Draft 6 that it hopes to have out for review early fall 2010. Feel free to join in the fun! Let me know if you’d like to attend a meeting (phone and online), email me comments, or leave a comment below.
– ISA88 Part 5: State Diagram as an example rather than a normative requirement
– David A. Chappell, Complete Manufacturing Automation associates – LLC