MES: Schweppes gains filling, packaging solution
Schweppes has chosen the ATS Simatic IT MES Filling and Packaging Solution. This solution was first developed in close co-operation with Siemens Genoa for Carlsberg and is now available to the general filling and packaging market as an "out of the box" solution. The new order from Schweppes will be initially implemented across three sites in Australia. The functional design follows the S95 Manufacturing Execution Systems standard and includes the following.
1. Order handling of SAP downloaded orders:
• Real-time Planning overview of SAP orders
• Tracking of order progress per workstation on the packaging lines
• Creation of manual orders to run independently from SAP
2. Master Data interfaced with SAP, e.g. for packaging material requirements
3. Downtime management:
• Downtime is logged via integration with the PLC’s and SCADA for the Packaging lines
• Automatic assignment of Micro Stop, reason for stops less then 60 sec
• Downtimes reasons are logged to a detailed level on failures on equipment level
• Detailed downtime performance and analysis reporting via 12 standard reports with multiple data-filtering options
4. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
-KPI standard reporting via automatically captured order-, downtime- and loss data when running orders on the packaging lines. The reports are fully aligned with the Group KPI manual, and also provide local KPI reporting for supporting Lean initiatives. KPI reports currently available are: Process Orders, Shift Summary, Article, Utilization, Line Efficiency, Total Capacity Utilization, Waiting for Beer, Can/ Bottle Losses, and Scorecard.
Besides filling and packaging, another out of the box offering from ATS and Siemens is a "utilities solution" for measuring energy use, CO2 output and other factors. This and others are being shown live during events in October and November called the ATS Siemens World Tour . The series of free seminars is being presented in various locations worldwide, including Boston, Toronto, Barcelona and Glasgow.
Users can also visit www.ats-global.com for updates to the schedule.
– Edited by Renee Robbins, senior editor
Control Engineering News Desk