N-Tron: new line of isolated serial media converters, repeaters for industrial networks
N-Tron Isolated Serial to Fiber Converter, RS-232 to RS-422/485 Converter, and RS-422/485 Repeater are designed for use in rugged industrial environments, operate in a wide temperature range, provide triple isolation and are approved for use in UL Class I Division 2 locations.
N-Tron Corp., provider of industrial networking products, introduced three new devices today designed for serial communications in industrial environments.
The SER-485-IC, SER-485-FXC and SER-485-IR are designed to extend range,operate in temperatures ranging from -40 °C to 80 °C, and provide 2,000V 3-way optical isolation.
Product features, N-Tron says, include:
• DIN-rail mounting;
• 2,000 V 3-Way optical isolation, input, output, and power;
• 10-48 V dc input power range; and
• UL Class I, Div 2, CE approved ratings and marks.
The SER-485-IC converter optically isolates and converts RS-232 signals to RS-422 for increased range, or RS-485 for increased range and multi-drop capability.
The SER-485-FXC converts RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 to transmit over multimode fiber optic cable using ST style connectors. Fiber optic communication offers extended range and intrinsic optical isolation.
The SER-485-IR repeater provides optical isolation and extends range up to 4,000 ft.
All three products use easy to wire removable terminal blocks for serial and power connections, the company says. www.n-tron.com
Also see from Control Engineering :
– More products at the Industrial Network channel ;
– Don’t Rip Out Your Legacy Network ;
– Bit by bit: Why use serial communications ?
– Augment Veteran Networks .
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com.