New handheld communicator for HART field devices
Yokogawa Corporation of America has released its new YHC5150X FieldMate Handheld Communicator, a simple, user friendly HART communicator that allows all HART field devices to be configured, polled, and trimmed utilizing a Microsoft Windows embedded CETM-based system for faster processing and greater storage capacity.
The YHC5150X is a full-function, DD Direct, HART communicator supporting universal, common practice and device specific commands for commissioning, configuration, and maintenance operations. Features include:
• Reads manufacturers’ DDs in their native format without the need for translations
• HART-compliant modem communicates with any registered or unregistered HART device
• Features an ergonomic, handheld design
• Enhanced 4.3 in. diagonal anti-glare touchscreen with color graphic display (no stylus required)
• Full QWERTY keyboard for commissioning new transmitters
• On-demand help menus and teachable device-specific short cuts
• Long-lasting battery capacity
• Manage device information through PC connection, and
• Integrated multi-language support.
The YHC5150X is complementary to Yokogawa’s existing portfolio of process instrumentation, such as the EJX/EJA pressure transmitters, vortex/magnetic/Coriolis flowmeters, and analytical products. Standard accessories provided with the YHC5150X include a docking station with universal power adapter, HART test lead kit, 250 ohm resistor, rechargeable battery, USB cable, soft case, hand strap, SD card, and software.
Edited by Peter Welander, firstname.lastname@example.org