Product registry and repository launched for device packages, EDDs
FieldComm Group's product registry provides a unified interface for users to find HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus electronic device descriptions (EDDs) and FDI Device Packages while the repository provides host systems instant worldwide access to these latest files.
FieldComm Group has launched its product registry and its online repository for process manufacturers and integrators. This brings the two prior standalone HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus product registries together by providing a unified tool to obtain the latest device files. It also provides online access to application program interfaces (APIs) that host system manufacturers can tap into to enable built-in real-time access to the latest versions of electronic device descriptions (EDDs) and FDI device packages for field devices.
The release of these two systems is a major benefit to the user community as FieldComm Group continues to simplify the experience users have with industrial standards and their integration across systems and enterprises.
The product registry includes:
- Modern look and functionality
- Text search capabilities
- Advanced filtering by application and FDI
- Mobile-friendly functionality
- Unified registry for FF, HART and FDI
- Full device versioning support in EDD downloads (all registered versions provided in a single download).
The repository provides users with:
- Cloud-based solution with REST APIs
- Single source for registered EDDs and FDI Device Packages irrespective of vendors and protocols
- Ability to update hosts and handhelds automatically or by manual trigger through the cloud
- Streamlined device revision management
- Push notifications for available updates.
– Edited from a FieldComm group press release by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering IIoT and Industrie 4.0 stories.