Robot grippers designed for collaborative robots
On Robot’s two-finger RG2 grippers—available in both single and dual versions—are designed to mount on the arms of cobots without any external wires. The RG2 grippers can be easily programmed directly from the same interface as the robot, and the gripper can be modified without previous programming experience, making them ideal for collaborative robot users. Features of the RG2 gripper include:
- Simple and intuitive programming: RG2 lets operators easily choose what they need the gripper to do and the gripper responds with motion as flexible as the cobot itself.
- Angle mounting: From 0- to 180-deg in 30-deg steps, in both the single- and dual-gripper setup, the gripper ensures great flexibility and adaptability for comprehensive tasks.
- Customizable fingertips: The gripper fingers support the use of customized fingertips, which can be designed by end users to fit production requirements.
- Assisted center-of-gravity calculation: Users enter the value of the payload and the robot calculates the rest, making programming easier, enhancing overall productivity and improving safety by enabling more accurate robot arm movements.
- Continuous grip indication: The gripper can discern any lost or deliberately removed object.
– Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering robotics products.