Rugged machine vision cameras, improved functionality
Teledyne Dalsa announced new optimized performance and improved functionality of its Spyder3 Camera Link and GigE Vision-compliant dual line scan cameras. The Spyder3 is designed for OEMs and system integrators.
Improvements in detail:
- Spyder3 cameras can function better in extreme environments, including cotton and food inspection; maximum operating temperature has increased from 50 C to 65 C.
- Improved graphical user interface for better ease of use and intuitive camera set-up (exposure times, trigger modes, setting gains) resulting in a superior out-of-box experience.
- Spyder3 is now supported by Sapera Vision Software; Sapera Vision Software offers a common development environment for Teledyne Dalsa ‘s full line of cameras and frame grabbers as well as hundreds of third party camera models; Sapera Vision Software is updatable and offers comprehensive application specific tools.
Other key features and benefits:
- 1k, 2k, and 4k resolutions, 100% fill factor
- Broadband responsivity up to 408 DN /(nJ/cm2) @ 10 dB gain
- Gigabit Ethernet models: Less than 1% CPU usage
- Camera Link models available
- Line rates up to 68 kHz
- Selectable high or low sensitivity mode
- Fully programmable gain, offset
- Flat field correction
– Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com