Sick SLG family of light grids: slimmest, sleekest in their class
Sick, a manufacturer of sensors, safety systems, machine vision, and automatic identification products for factory and logistics automation, launched of its new SLG family of non-safety, through-beam light grids. Sick SLG is the slimmest light grid on the market, the company says. Using only 8 mm of space for the optics, it can be hidden inside machines, frames, doors, and other places where space and aesthetics are desired. In addition to its small size and simple configuration interface, the SLG is also the lowest-cost solution for detecting an object as it moves through an area, Sick says.
The SLG family is organized into three groups:
• SGS – for large areas, such as doors and gates;
• SAS – for smaller area coverage on machines and with more advanced configurations; and
• SPL – for pick-to-light applications with automatic teach-in and job LEDs.
Additional features and benefits include one touch setup – configure and adjust sensor without a PC. Customers can also detect small objects when the cross beam function is enabled to increase resolution to 25 mm. Advanced options work to keep the sensors reliable and available.
Sleek design saves space and creates more work area . Out-of-the way installation can prevent intentional and accidental damage. They are designed with cost-savings in mind, offering simple "break-a-beam, get-an-output" functionality. Typical applications are pallet jut-out or overhang detection on conveyer belts, opening doors for door and gate access control in factories and distribution centers, part ejection detection in wood and metal fabrication, and door control on mass transit, such as subways, buses, and trains. www.sickusa.com
Also read from Control Engineering :
– Sick BCG EcoLine wire draw encoders ;
– Sick ICR845-2L FlexLens Image Code Reader sees 12-in. to 2 m ; and
– Sick IP69K-rated W4S-3 Inox photoelectric sensor for harsh wash down environments .
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com.