SmartTurn on-demand warehouse management is integrated with NetSuite’s SuiteCloud platform
SmartTurn, a provider of on-demand inventory and warehouse management system (WMS) software, integrated SmartTurn with NetSuite. NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N) is a leading vendor of cloud computing business management software suites. Integrated with NetSuite’s native inventory management system, SmartTurn enables wholesale distributors and eCommerce businesses to increase shipment and inventory accuracy while reducing inventory-related labor and carry costs. For more information about the integrated solution, visit www.suiteapp.com.
With SmartTurn for NetSuite, distributors can better control costs and gain greater efficiencies across key inventory processes including purchase order creation, inventory receiving, put-away, sales management, inventory picking, order fulfillment, kitting, inventory adjustments and cycle counts. SmartTurn’s on-demand warehouse control system supplements NetSuite’s business management software suite as companies look to build agility into their operations so they can adapt quickly to changing market conditions.
The combined solution provides customers:
– Seamless integration – pre-integrated with NetSuite standard inventory processes (sales and purchase orders, receipt, fulfillment, shipping, etc.);
– Cycle counting – increase inventory accuracy while minimizing disruption of warehouse operations with daily cycle counts by inventory utilization, groups or location;
– Directed picking – optimize inventory utilization by guiding the picker to the best location within the warehouse to fulfill the order (example: pick oldest item first before it expires);
– Wave planning – maximize efficiency of warehouse operations with the most efficient route within the warehouse based on inventory location when fulfilling multiple orders;
– Wireless access – support for mobile wireless devices such as Motorola and Psion Teklogix enables warehouse staff to conduct receiving, picking, loading, and cycle counting on-the-go from any location within the warehouse
SmartTurn and NetSuite are delivered as software as a service (SaaS) and have gained wide adoption by delivering ease-to-use, innovative applications via the Web. In partnering with NetSuite, SmartTurn expands its role in cloud computing and supplements NetSuite’s cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) offering for wholesalers, distributors and eCommerce vendors and suppliers.
The integration provides a cost-effective, reliable warehouse management system to customers and a robust, integrated on-demand solution that manages core aspects of the process from procurement and put-away to sale and shipment, says Jim Burleigh, CEO of SmartTurn. "By helping customers web-enable and integrate their supply chains, SmartTurn has made warehouse operations more efficient and inventory visibility more readily accessible."
"SmartTurn has gained wide adoption in a short period of time and has been influential in expanding the growth of SaaS-based warehouse management," adds Guido Haarmans, vice president, developer programs at NetSuite. "Wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers and eCommerce operations are a key constituency within the NetSuite customer base and the partnership with SmartTurn delivers efficiencies to these businesses where integration of ERP with warehouse operations is critical."
SmartTurn says it provides capabilities never offered before in the industry, such as multi-tenant, multi-warehouse, multi-owner security model, within a simple, intuitive interface for users to create and control more than 2 billion custom pick policies. The system integrates with Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) gadgets, providing inventory visibility from a PC to a mobile device such as an Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone.
Compared to systems that cost tens of thousands of dollars and take months to implement, SmartTurn offers a "low monthly subscription fee per facility with unlimited users and transactions, and can be operational in less than a month. From the smallest storage facility to some of the largest warehouses, SmartTurn has generated a positive return on investment in less than 3 months for the vast majority of its customers," the company says.
SmartTurn is a member of NetSuite’s SuiteCloud Developer Network.
Also read from MBT:
– Knoa Virtual/Cloud Experience Manager (VCEM) helps manufacturers increase agility, lower costs ; and
– NetSuite OneWorld for Oracle brings cloud computing to division, retains corporate ERP .
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, electronic products editor, Manufacturing Business Technology , MBT www.mbtmag.com