System integrators cite product experience in the 2009 Automation Integrator Guide
Brands from Rockwell Automation, Siemens Energy & Automation, Schneider Electric, and Invensys were listed most frequently among systems integrators, according to the 2009 Control Engineering Automation Integrator Guide which includes information from 1,878 system integrators.
The following table shows percentage of listings in the on-line Automation Integrator Guide that have cited product experience with each of the following. Top 10 goes down to 30%. Others through 20% are shown.
Percentage of system integrators listing the following product experience:
1. 70% Allen-Bradley (Rockwell Automation)
2. 53% Siemens Energy & Automation
3. 48% Schneider Electric (including Modicon, Square D, and Telemecanique)
3. 48% Wonderware (Invensys)
4. 47% Rockwell Automation
5. 44% GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms (including Intellution)
6. 43% Rockwell Software (Rockwell Automation)
7. 40% Microsoft
7. 40% ABB
8. 32% General Electric (other than GE Fanuc)
9. 31% Omron Electronics
10. 30% Emerson Process Management (including Fisher, Rosemount, and Bristol-Babcock)
29% Phoenix Contact
28% Opto 22
28% Dwyer Instruments
24% Honeywell Process Solutions
24% Baldor Electric
24% National Instruments (including LabVIEW)
24% Fluke (Danaher)
23% Mitsubishi Electric Automation
22% Pepperl + Fuchs
22% Cognex (including DVT)
21% Parker (including Parker Hannifin and Parker Compumotor)
21% Foxboro (Invensys)
21% Endress + Hauser
20% Action Instruments (Invensys)
20% Elo Touchsystems
Note: 19% or less of system integrators list more than 70 other companies for product experience.
Source: 2009 Control Engineering Automation Integrator Guide
The online Control Engineering Automation Integrator Guide www.controleng.com/integrators has a multi-parameter search, allowing users or original equipment manufacturers to narrow the field of integrators appropriate to their needs. Product experience is one of the parameters.
Also see automation system integrator statistics on:
– Annual revenue ;
– Corporate affiliations ;
– Engineering specialties ;
– Geographic areas served ;
– Industries served; and
– Professional affiliations.
– By Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering System Integration www.controleng.com/integration eNewsletter. Data provided by Vance VanDoren, Control Engineering consulting editor.