Temperature transmitter for safety instrumented systems
Moore Industries’ STZ Functional Safety Smart HART Temperature Transmitter is a temperature transmitter designed for use in safety instrumented systems (SIS) where dangerous processes occur. The STZ features a dual sensor input that reduces process interruptions. Backup and fail-over protection allows either of the sensors or inputs to be designated as the primary measurement, with the secondary input acting as the backup sensor in case of primary sensor failure. The dual sensor input also allows for average and differential measurements along with high-select and low-select options.
The STZ also features device intelligence, which consists of a series of features designed for smarter control and monitoring including:
- Sensor drift and corrosion detection that checks and alerts users when the sensor is drifting out of a preset range or when the resistance due to corrosion exceeds set parameters.
- Smart range alarms with four HART alarms—set to any input or calculated input—that detect when the variable is within or outside of user preset limits.
- A high availability option that enables the selection of how the AO behaves when there is an input failure or out-of-range value detected by the transmitter.
- Input simulation capability allowing manual input of a direct or calculated value.
The STZ is HART 7 compliant with exception-based reporting and dynamic variable mapping. It also has an added security feature to allow users to set HART communication into a read only or off mode. Users can also program or monitor the transmitter with any FDT-compliant host or program using the STZ DTM.
– Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering process sensor and actuator products.