Top 5 Control Engineering articles, Feb. 17-23, 2014
Were you out last week? Miss something? Here are Control Engineering five most clicked articles from last week, Feb. 17-23, 2014, including articles about automation system retrofits, HMI graphics, DCS upgrades, plant safety, and NIST’s Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity.
1. Automation system retrofit transforms 175-ton hydraulic forming press
Application Update: In less than one month, a rebuild automates press operations to increase production rates and improve quality.
2. Five key considerations for improving HMI graphics during a control system migration
Some basic planning can avoid confused operators and lost opportunities for improvements during a DCS migration project.
The right process can take out the guesswork and lead to a successful migration.
4. Safety does not come out of a box
The solution to making your process plant a safer place isn’t something you can buy. Much of it depends on changing the ways your people work and think.
5. Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity: An explanation of the NIST framework
NIST’s Vicky Yan Pillitteri, at the 2014 ARC Forum, discussed the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and today’s release of the Executive Order 13636, Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity.
The list was developed using CFE Media’s web analytics for stories viewed on www.controleng.com, Feb. 17-23, 2014, for articles published within the last two months.
– Jessica DuBois-Maahs and Jordan Schultz, associate content managers, CFE Media, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.