Video helps with servo motor tuning
Galil recently added a two minute video to show how to easily tune servo systems using the scope provided by GalilTools software. The scope tool allows the user to easily view and measure the system step response and adjust the PID tuning parameters until the optimum performance is observed. The video shows useful features of the scope such as data recording, triggering and the scope overlay with cursor.
The system components used in the video demonstration are Galil’s DMC-4010 Accelera motion controller and drive connected to a servo motor with encoder and a PC running GalilTools software.
Galil’s library of informative videos presents solutions to common motion and I/O problems. Currently available videos, free to view, include:
- Using the GalilTools Scope to Help Tune a Servo Motor
- Establishing Communication with a Galil Controller using GalilTools Software
- Achieving Precise Temperature Control of a Liquid using RIO Pocket PLC
- Smooth Multi-Axis Motion through Arbitrary Points using PVT Mode
- Introduction to the Accelera Motion Controller Series
- Introduction to the RIO Pocket PLC.
Galil Motion Control Inc.