Webcast: Cyber security technologies and strategies, tips for industrial control systems
People, processes, and technologies at every layer are needed to lower cyber security risk for industrial control systems. Expert speakers briefly explain the nature of the threat landscape with initial steps to forming a defensive program. We will consider the range of resources available, and practical approaches for engaging company management in joining the larger effort. Cyber security research from Control Engineering and related trends will be discussed.
A professional development hour (PDH) is available for this webcast for those who pass the quiz after the webcast and question and answer session. The webcast meets the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP).
- Learn what initial steps can be taken to reduce risks and establish defenses
- Learn about common cyber security breaches and what threats they carry
- Hear about tips and recommendations for convincing management that a program is necessary and should be supported
- Learn about trends in cyber security technologies, processes, and practices from Control Engineering research.
- Matt Luallen, founder of Cybati, a security training and consulting organization, and Control Engineering author
- Chris Shipp, CISO, Fluor Federal Petroleum Operations, LLC, and contractor to the U.S. DOE SPR.
- Toby Colquhoun, Industrial automation cyber security senior analyst at IHS
Moderator: Peter Welander, Control Engineering