Wireless sensors, ‘plug-and-sense’ Ethernet gateway for wireless sensors released
Monnit Corp. has released seven new low-cost wireless sensors designed for commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. The new sensors complement Monnit’s existing line of low-cost wireless sensors to 19 different types of sensors in total for broad applications. The new wireless sensors include the following:
- WIT Wireless Infrared Motion Sensor can be used to detect motion or movement using infrared technology.
- WIT Wireless Flex Sensor measures the amount of flex or bend applied to a flexible ribbon.
- WIT Wireless LUX Sensor measures the intensity of light present and returns a LUX value for the amount of light present.
- WIT Wireless High Accuracy Humidity Sensor detects and measures relative humidity, temperature and dew point with a ±2% accuracy between 10% – 90% humidity.
- WIT Wireless 0-20 mA Current Sensor provides a wireless interface for 0-20 mA sensors.
- WIT Wireless Analog Voltage Sensor provides a wireless interface for measuring the voltage from other devices.
- WIT Wireless Liquid Level Sensor detects the level of a liquid in a container by its position on a liquid sensitive ribbon.
Also, Monnit has released the MonnitLink Ethernet Gateway which allows Monnit WIT Wireless Sensors to communicate with Monnit’s online sensor monitoring and alerting system without the need for a computer.
Monnit’s wireless sensors are designed to detect and monitor every function critical to business or personal life, including the presence of light, water, humidity, temperature, movement, and distress. Monnit’s wireless gateways transmit data between local sensor networks and the iMonnit online monitoring and notification system. Monnit’s software allows for user customization and notification of events via email or text messages.
– Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com