2012 Engineers’ Choice finalists
Control Engineering Engineer’s Choice finalists, 2012
The 2012 Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Awards winners and honorable mentions have been announced! Read the announcement here.
Engineers’ Choice Award finalists for the 2012 awards follow by category. Subscribers voted on the best products in automation, control, and instrumentation, based on technological advancement, service to the industry, and market impact. Winners and honorable mentions will be featured in the February 2012 issue.
There are 102 finalists in 30 categories. Based on experience, subscribers voted in as many categories for which they felt qualified.
Note: Ballots submitted without a valid subscriber number were not be tallied.
Not a subscriber?
Visit the Control Engineering Subscription Center to qualify!
Hardware – Handheld test, measurement, calibration
- Fluke 750 Series Documenting Process Calibrators from Fluke Corp.
- Fluke Ti29 Industrial-Commercial Thermal Imager from Fluke Corp.
- Fluke Ti9 Thermal Imager from Fluke Corp.
- Yokogawa CW10 Clamp-on Power Meter from Yokogawa
Hardware – HMI, operator interface, thin-client
- FPM-815H Stainless Steel industrial monitor from Advantech
- Configurable HMI Panel from EAO Corporation
- Magelis STU Small Panel HMI from Schneider Electric
Hardware – Industrial PCs
- UNO-2174A embedded automation computer from Advantech
- Addax-i Fanless Workstation from CCS-Inc.
- Nanobox IPC from Siemens
Hardware – Integrated HMI controllers
- XV Series Operator Interface Solutions from Eaton Corporation
- Vision350 PLC and HMI from Unitronics
- VIC/HMI Control Panel from Vecoplan Integrated Controls
Machine and embedded control – Discrete sensors
- Smart-Encoder from Autotech Controls LP
- TM18 Photoelectric Sensor from Banner Engineering
- ifm Metal Face Inductive Sensors from ifm efector inc.
- Fiber Optic Absolute Position Sensor from Micronor Inc.
Machine and embedded control – Machine vision, barcode readers
- DataMan 500 from Cognex Corporation
- efector dualis Vision Sensor from ifm efector inc.
- Genie TS GigE Vision camera from Teledyne Dalsa
Machine and embedded control – PACs
- NI CompactRIO 9082 system controller from National Instruments
- ControlLogix 5570 Series PACs from Rockwell Automation
Machine and embedded control – PLCs
- A3200 MotionPAC software-based PLC and motion controller from Aerotech Inc.
- 3200 C L-Force Controller from Lenze Americas
- L Series Temperature Controller from Mitsubishi Electric
- Ethernet 2.0 Programmable Fieldbus Controller with SD from Wago
Machine and embedded control – CNCs, board-level products
- 31i-Model B CNC from FANUC FA America
- 0i-Model D CNC from FANUC FA America
- NI Single-Board RIO industrial computer from National Instruments
Motion control – Drives
Motion control – Servo drives
- EL7201 Servo Terminal from Beckhoff Automation
- MR-JN Servo from Mitsubishi Electric Automation Inc.
- Junma AC Servo Series from Yaskawa America Inc.
- Easy Handling modular motion control system from Bosch Rexroth
- EXP-24 Positioner for explosive areas from Exlar Corporation
- Electric Mini Slide EGSL from Festo AG Co. KG
- CRDSNU Stainless Steel Cylinder from Festo Corp.
- L-force Three-Phase MF Motor from Lenze Americas
- Roller Pinion System, Universal Rack model from Nexen Group Inc.
Network integration – Ethernet hardware
- LNP-602AGH-T 6-port industrial unmanaged PoE switch from Aaxeon Technologies
- Elinx ESW 100 Series DIN Rail Ethernet Switches from B+B Electronics Manuf. Co., Inc.
- Mach104-16TX-PoEP Gigabit Ethernet Workgroup Switch with 16 PoE-Plus Ports from Hirschmann
Network integration – IO systems
- Intelligent Marshalling for Foxboro I/A Series DCS from Invensys Operations Management
- Failsafe ET 200 ISP modular safety I/O for hazardous locations from Siemens
Network integration – Network hardware
- Eaton SmartWire-DT panel solution from Eaton Corporation
- UHR304 Industrial Grade 4-Port USB Hub from B+B Electronics Manuf. Co., Inc.
- DT9862 isolated, high-speed USB data acquisition module from Data Translation Inc.
Network integration – Signal conditioning diagnostics
- Jumpflex 857-402 Universal Signal Conditioner from Wago
- ACT20M Series of Signal Isolators and Converters from Weidmuller
Network integration – Wireless IO
- SureCross Performance DX80 wireless I/O from Banner Engineering
- I/O Expansion Drive from FreeWave Technologies
- WirelessHART Adapter from Phoenix Contact
- WiSI remote sensor monitoring and I/O system from Rugid Computer Inc.
Network integration – Wireless products
- Rosemount 708 Wireless Acoustic Transmitter from Emerson Process Management, Rosemount division
- NL900S Data Transceiver Radio from RF Neulink
- Harmony Wireless, Battery-less Push Button from Schneider Electric
- WI-MOD-E-G Wireless Industrial Ethernet Modem from Weidmuller
Power – Energy, power protection
- SVR-PL Series ultra-wide temperature ac power line regulator from Falcon Electric
- Quint UPS-IQ intelligent uninterruptible power supply from Phoenix Contact
- Sirius 3RB24 electronic overload relay for IO-Link from Siemens
Power – Motor control center
- Allen-Bradley NEMA Centerline 2100 low-voltage motor control centers with EtherNet/IP from Rockwell Automation
- tiastar SmartStart motor control center from Siemens
- tiastar Arc-resistant motor control center from Siemens
Process control – Flowmeters
- ExactComp EC80 flow computer from Cox Flow Measurement
- Daniel 3812 Liquid Ultrasonic Flow Meter from Emerson – Daniel Measurement and Control
- ST100 Series Thermal Mass Flow Meter from Fluid Components International
- Model 394L FPI Mag Full Profile Insertion – Electromagnetic Bi-Directional Flow Meter from McCrometer
- TVA – Target Variable Area Flowmeter from Spirax Sarco Inc.
Process control – Process sensors
- ST130 Temperature Transmitters from Acromag
- Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor System from Emerson Process Management, Rosemount division
- LMT Series Point-Level Sensor from ifm efector inc.
- GC8000 Process Gas Chromatograph from Yokogawa Corporation of America
Process control systems
Safety – Machine safety
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains from Omron Scientific Technologies Inc.
- Allen-Bradley Guardmaster safety relays from Rockwell Automation
- RSS36 noncontact electronic sensor with RFID from Schmersal
- Simocode pro Safety overload relay fail-safe expansion modules from Siemens
Safety – Process safety, intrinsic safety
- The ESR5 Relay for safety circuits from Eaton Corporation
- DeltaV Intrinsic Safety CHARMs from Emerson Process Management
- Safety Manager Field Device Unit (quadruple redundant safety system and remote I/O) from Honeywell Process Solutions
Software – Applications
- Industrial HiVision 4.2 Network Management Software from Hirschmann (Belden Inc.)
- Energy AnalytiX energy management system from Iconics
- KepServerEx communication server from Kepware Technologies
- FactoryTalk Historian Machine Edition (ME) from Rockwell Automation
- FactoryTalk Historian Site Edition (SE) from Rockwell Automation
Software – Control design
- SolidWorks 2012 Sustainability design software tool from Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corp.
- SolidWorks Costing for sheet metal and machined components from Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corp.
- Eaton’s Visual Design Software from Eaton Corporation
- MapleSim modeling and simulation software from Maplesoft
- Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) automation software from Siemens
Software – Diagnostics
- Process Data Monitor and anomaly detection software from Aware Technology LLC
- Loop-Pro Tuner (Allen-Bradley Edition) from Control Station Inc.
- PlantTriage control system performance monitor from ExperTune Inc.
- PlantPAx ModelBuilder data monitoring and analysis software from Rockwell Automation
Software – HMI software
- InduSoft Web Studio HMI and SCADA software from InduSoft Inc.
- Status Vision Designer v4.0 process data visualization software from Mobiform Software Inc.
- FactoryTalk View Site Edition (SE) HMI software from Rockwell Automation
Software – Mobile apps for controls, automation, instrumentation
- MobileHMI from Iconics
- C-more Remote HMI App from Koyo
- Opto iPAC mobile application for control systems from Opto 22
More information about Control Engineering awards and recognition programs is available at www.controleng.com/awards.