Wednesday, November 12, 2014, at 11 a.m. PT /1 p.m. CT/2 p.m. ET
One (1) RCEP / ACEC Certified Professional Development Hour (PDH) available for all attendees.
Learn about industrial Ethernet hardware through a system integrator’s project experiences, including environmental considerations, assessment, specification, installation, testing, and start-up. This Control Engineering RCEP-accredited webcast will explain how to identify the correct design, specification, security and functionality for an integrated control system network, and address security concerns. Also presented will be some industrial Ethernet market trends for context. A question and answer session will follow as part of the one-hour webcast.
Webcast participants will learn:
- How to identify the scope of work from the stakeholder’s requirements and information provided.
- How to build the network around the information from the first objective and select the hardware that most suits the functionality, security, budget, and capabilities of the administration and maintenance teams for the project.
- How to understand the steps of a successful factory acceptance test (FAT) and other support for the hardware.
- Key market trends for industrial Ethernet.
Presenter: Kurt Forster, MCITP (EA), Industrial IT Systems and Security Specialist, Autopro Automation Consultants Ltd.
- Kurt Forster is an Industrial Control Systems (ICS) specialist with Autopro Automation Consultants (www.autopro.ca), an automation engineering firm that specializes in the design and implementation of industrial automation solutions. He has significant experience in all stages of system development and support life cycles, including design, development, installation and administration of Microsoft Windows and Cisco network infrastructures.
Moderator and Presenter: Mark T. Hoske, content manager, Control Engineering, CFE Media, has written about industrial automation and industrial networking since 1994. He will briefly discuss industrial Ethernet market trends.
Sponsors: Advantech, Moxa, Turck, WAGO