Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 11 a.m. PT/1 p.m. CT/2 p.m. ET
One (1) Certified Professional Development Hour (PDH) available for all attendees
Experts provide advice about how to choose sensors for automation and control applications. What details about the implementation are important for selecting the right type of sensors? A RCEP Professional Development Hour (PDH) is available.
1. Define what is to be sensed and differentiate between the two major areas of applications for sensing, machine position and conditions and quality of product.
2. Define where sensors can be located and constraints.
3. List methods, technologies, and considerations for sensor applications.
4. Outline fundamentals of specifying process sensors.
5. Describe several process sensor technologies and their application.
6. Provide lessons learned from installed applications.
- Frank Lamb is founder, owner, and manufacturing and automation business consultant, specializing in controls, programming, machine building and design at Automation Consulting LLC.
- Christopher J. Thompson, PE, is department manager, process engineering, Process Solutions Department at Matrix Technologies Inc.
Sponsored by: Balluff, Carlo Gavazzi