EC: Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014, part of the Autodesk 2014 product design suite, is AutoCAD software for controls designers, built specifically to create and modify electrical control systems. It includes all the functionality of AutoCAD plus comprehensive symbol libraries and tools for automating electrical engineering tasks.
AutoCAD Electrical provides:
- Electrical-specific productivity tools: Automated tasks, terminal management tools, and electrical-specific drafting commands can help electrical controls designers increase design accuracy and productivity.
- Automatic error checking: Automatic wire numbering, component tagging, and coil and contact cross-referencing help to significantly reduce the risk of costly mistakes associated with manual drafting.
- Standards-based libraries: Controls designers can promote design consistency with a comprehensive library of more than 650,000 standard components and support for multiple international standards, including JIC, IEC, JIS, and GB.
- Automatic report generation: AutoCAD Electrical automatically generates a broad range of reports, from bills of materials (BOMs) and from/to wire lists to terminal plans and cable summaries.
- Mechatronics product design with Digital Prototyping: Electrical and mechanical teams can work collaboratively on digital prototypes. Bidirectional interoperability with Autodesk Inventor Professional software helps users create more accurate 2D and 3D mechatronics designs in less time.