EC: ifm Metal Face Inductive Sensors
Machine and embedded control – Discrete sensors: ifm metal face, 316 stainless steel inductive proximity sensors provide noncontact target detection in harsh applications. This is a Control Engineering 2012 Engineers’ Choice finalist.
ifm’s metal face, all-stainless-steel sensors are designed and tested to provide reliable position detection in high-temperature food and beverage applications. The sensor’s 316 stainless steel housing and sensor face are chemically compatible with industrial cleaning solutions and will not corrode. The sensor’s zero-leak design, rated IP69K, prevents ingress during high-pressure cleaning and steam cleaning. ifm incorporates technologies such as extended sensing ranges, one-piece stainless steel construction, and metal face technology to ensure high performance. Metal face technology design dramatically improves life-in-application and increases production uptime.
- Stainless steel sensor face and housing withstand damage from impact.
- Extended sensing range increases the distance between the sensor and target.
- Same sensing range for steel and stainless steel targets.
- Wide temperature range of 0 to 100 C.
- Withstands extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Recessed inductive coil is surrounded with hard resin to protect the coil from damage.
- PCB design for electronic components is encased by soft resin that allows the PCB to flex and contract with temperature fluctuations.
- Weld field immune electronics ignore electromagnetic interference.
- O-ring seal at the connection point is covered by hard resin to prevent ingress and ensure zero-leak design.
- 360-degree ring LED design indicates power and output.
- Permanent laser-etched part numbers will not wear off over time.
- Great price-to-performance ratio.
ifm efector inc.
Return to the list of the 2012 Engineers’ Choice finalists.