Agreements reached for global adoption of field device integration technology
FieldComm Group announced a series of agreements, contracts, standards and events to accelerate global adoption of field device integration (FDI) technology.
FieldComm Group announced a series of agreements, contracts, standards and events to accelerate global adoption of field device integration (FDI) technology. These activities align with FieldComm Group's mission to drive adoption of FDI technology to become the global standard for field device integration, independent of underlying device protocols.
Among the agreements, contracts, and standards include:
- Completion of a contract between co-owners FieldComm Group and the Profibus & Profinet International organization to manage the intellectual property (IP) rights, roadmap and distribution of FDI technology, tools and host components.
- Completion of a contract between FDI technology partners FieldComm Group, Profibus & Profinet International, the OPC Foundation, and the FDT Group to govern the process of FDI specification enhancement.
- Completion of a Memorandum of Understanding between the ISA100 Wireless Compliance Institute (WCI) and FieldComm Group that enables WCI representatives to engage in technology discussions in the Integration Working Group to incorporate ISA100 Wireless support into FDI technology.
- Approval of the FDI technology standard in Plenary SC65E / "Device and Integration in enterprise systems" by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Endorsement of FDI technology by NAMUR, an international user association of automation technology in process industries, in their WG 2.6 Fieldbus Position Paper "Requirements on an Ethernet Communication System for the Process Industry."
Ted Masters, president and CEO of FieldComm Group, said: "We are excited with the response this technology has received by leading automation instrumentation and host system providers."
Karsten Schneider, Chairman of Profibus & Profinet International, said, "The FDI project is a prime example of how users, manufacturers, and user organizations can trustfully and successfully communicate and cooperate. FDI will significantly simplify the integration task in process industries. And this cooperation will become even more relevant in the context of Industrie 4.0."
The FieldComm Group
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering industrial networking stories.