2021 Engineering Leader Under 40: Briana Chamberlain, 27
Systems Engineer, Malisko Engineering, Denver, CO, United States, BS Chemical & Biological Engineering, Colorado State University
Briana Chamberlain, 27
Denver, CO, United States
BS Chemical & Biological Engineering, Colorado State University
Why should this person be recognized for this award?
In the time since Briana came aboard with Malisko she has been a shining example of what a team member should be in our careers as system integrators. Working as a Lead on some of Briana’s first projects, it was easy to see her impressive growth in a short time. She excelled as an entry level engineer and continues to move quickly towards her higher aspiration of leadership. She continually leads by example and is always willing to think outside of the Project box to work on ways to better our team and quality of work we provide to our customers.
Achievements, Advancement & Career-related Industry Contributions
- Member of Society of Women Engineers (SWE), presents STEM topics at local collegiate chapters. Presented “The Absolute Value of an Engineer,” 4/28/21.
- Designed and facilitated a workshop on STEM careers for local Girl Scout troop to educate girls of the exciting aspects of STEM careers Featured in Video
- Developed the Malisko “Knowledge Central,” an employee-sourced repository for sharing tips and best practices.
- Served as Senior Project Leader on the Colorado State University Brewery Project. Malisko partnered with Coors, Rockwell Automation and more to design and build a brewery on campus in support of the Science and Fermentation Program. Briana was a key contributor on the design and build out (pictures available)
- Involvement on the MEI Standards Development Team which collaborates with others on our lessons learned from project implementation to create a well-defined, yet flexible, standard to use as a company when implementing projects
- Briana is a key contributor to the Company Events Planning Team. Her outgoing personality motivates and inspires the Malisko team. Briana is a genuine leader who is always looking forward and demonstrates a strong desire to develop herself, the team and the overall company.
Non-work-related Activities & Hobbies
- Portland Marathon in October 2020 – “It’s been a goal of mine for quite a while now to run 26 miles when I was 26 years old. Even with the pandemic, I’m so thankful I was able to stay committed to training for this goal and ultimately run the Portland Marathon in Portland.”
- Backpacked Capitol Peak loop in the Rocky Mountains.
- Briana is a Company Culture Champion for us. Her energy is infectious and keeping the team close and collaborative is very important to her. She often organizes team get togethers including monthly Waffle Wednesdays and bi-weekly Happy Hour get togethers. This is important to our company.
- Briana has also been identified for a fast-track leadership development program due to her dedication to her work, and her ability to stand out as a leader in her field. Briana has quickly demonstrated her leadership ability to effectively motivate and lead others.
Why did they choose this career?
“Being a controls engineer is awesome because we directly contribute to the ‘magic’ behind an entire processing plant. My favorite aspect of the automation industry is the ever-changing challenges. We get to play a key role in integrating some of the new technology being developed, from software to hardware, to help our clients reach their goals and manufacture their product more efficiently, consistently, and safely. I also love how collaborative the job is as we get to work with a variety of departments in a company to bring a project to life.”