Compact DC drive
ABB DCS800-EP Panel Drive is available up to 600 hp and is designed for heavy-duty applications in the steel and pipe mill industries.
The ABB DCS800-EP Panel Drive is now available up to 600 hp. This new release adds 400, 500, and 600 hp solutions at 460Vac to the product line’s existing ratings of 5–300 hp.
The DCS800-EP includes the DCS800 drive module mounted on a multi-level subpanel, along with standard and optional components such as ac contactor, fuses, and a control transformer.
The panel drive meets UL 508A and has a 65 kA short-circuit current rating (SCCR). It is designed for the steel and pipe mill industries, and also for extruders and many other applications.
Other features include:
- Space-efficient multilevel panel
- Integral ABB ac contactor
- Greatly simplifies the procurement process
- Pre-wired, pre-tested solution for smooth start-ups
- Easy tool access to all components
- Module can be replaced without replacing the entire panel
All DCS800-EP drives 500 hp and below carry a heavy-duty overload rating, allowing 150% overload for 60 seconds. The 600 hp rating carries a normal-duty rating, with 110% overload for 60 seconds.
The panel drive can be ordered with an optional circuit breaker and blower motor contactor and overload. It also offers an optional internal line reactor on drives up to 150 hp at 460 V. And the drive can be ordered without an ac contactor for when an existing dc contactor can be reused.
– Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com