Digital Lumens offers new LED approach to energy efficiency
Digital Lumens has introduced its Intelligent Lighting System, which combines LEDs, networking, and software to reduce lighting-related energy use by up to 90% in warehouses and industrial facilities.
The solution includes best-of-breed LED-based fixtures, each with on-board computing, sensing and built-in
The Digital Lumens Intelligent Light Engine.
intelligence. When deployed, the fixtures form a lighting network that Digital Lumens refers to as a Smart Light Grid. This network’s system-wide intelligence and integrated controls are said to deliver energy-efficiency results that surpass the results achievable with single "dumb" fixtures.
Designed to address the particular needs of the rugged industrial environment, the Digital Lumens Intelligent Lighting System lowers energy load and creates a platform for effective management of lighting resources. The system consists of:
- Intelligent Light Engines: Intended as one-for-one replacements of 400W HID, HPS and T5 or T8 fluorescent fixtures, Digital Lumens Intelligent Light Engines (ILEs) are white-light LED-based luminaires that provide desired light levels on the target surface, while minimizing kWh consumption. Each ILE has a built-in Digital Light Agent — an on-board computer — as well as sensors and wireless mesh networking capabilities that share key information across the system.
- Smart Light Grid: Digital Lumens ILEs form a Smart Light Grid lighting network that enables all fixtures in the system to communicate with each other, respond to a neighboring fixture’s state and/or system-wide programming, and provide usage and occupancy data to the LightRules management system.
- LightRules: Digital Lumens’ intuitive control and energy management software gives facility managers the tools to manage their lighting resources and energy use. They are able to specify system behavior, receive up-to-the-minute kWh consumption details by fixture/zone/day/shift and control the entire system for maximum energy efficiency. LightRules also provides the ability to respond to demand response calls and integrate with warehouse management, energy carbon accounting or other third-party systems.
Access other Control Engineering content related to energyefficient facilities:
- Siemensand Metrus offer pay-for-performance energy efficiencyplan
- Diageoinstalls energy efficient lighting at bottling facility
- BillPolk: Automation and Control Vendors Help Save the Planet