EC: Cisco 829 industrial integrated services routers
Network Integration - Ethernet hardware: Cisco 829 are industrial integrated services routers designed for harsh industrial environments. Their compact form factor, security, manageability, 3G/4G-LTE WAN and WLAN connectivity enables rapid deployment of a wide variety of IoT solutions. This is a Control Engineering 2016 Engineers’ Choice finalist.
The Cisco 829 Industrial Integrated Services Routers offer a broad range of features for industrial and enterprise IoT. They are ideal for the automotive industry—commercial fleets, mass transit etc. —as they offer standards-based, scalable, and highly secure solution.
- IP-54 rated and compact form factor designed for mobile and hostile outdoor environments, such as fleet vehicle management, mass transit, and many other on-the-move IoT applications
- Raw socket transport and SCADA with DNP3 serial to IP translation and IEC60870/T101-T104 translation enabling automation and manageability of industrial processes in various segments such as manufacturing, transportation, and distribution automation
- Accelerometer and gyroscope to monitor speed and angular momentum for automotive applications and to detect tampering and an integrated automotive grade dc power supply
- Security services such as firewall, intrusion prevention, VPN, and Cisco Web Security with no additional hardware or client software
- Enterprise-class wireline-like services such as quality of service (QoS), dynamic multipoint VPN and multi-VRF for cellular
- Fog computing with Cisco IOx, an open extensible environment for hosting OS and applications at network edge
- Zero-touch provisioning with tools such as Cisco IOT Field Network Director and Cisco Prime
- Multimode 2G/3G/4G-LTE wireless WAN with enhanced data rates and improved latency provide an ideal way to supplement traditional wire-line services
- Integrated WLAN access point with dual radios to serve both as an access point and as a client to a wireless mesh network concurrently, providing another source for WAN diversity
- Additional WAN options, such as serial and SFP (copper/fiber) and a 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet managed switch with an optional module for Power-over-Ethernet LAN connectivity
- Extended 5-year hardware warranty.
These offerings bring clear advantages to our customers including cost and risk reductions as well as enhanced performance and flexibility enabling them to stay way ahead of competition.
Cisco Systems, www.cisco.com
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.