EC: efector dualis Vision Sensor
Machine and embedded control – Machine vision, barcode readers: ifm's efector dualis Vision Sensor provides part verification in error-proofing applications. This is a Control Engineering 2012 Engineers’ Choice finalist.
The efector dualis Vision Sensor can solve a variety of inspection and error-proofing applications throughout the manufacturing process. The efector dualis Vision Sensor provides the simplicity of a standard sensor and the high performance of a vision system. The sensor eliminates the maintenance challenges needed for sensor clusters and provides a reliable alternative to high-end vision systems. The compact, highly-durable CMOS image sensor provides reliable performance in production control. Components are reliably detected and precisely evaluated with the sensor’s fast image capture and processing algorithm. The sensor’s Ethernet process interface allows quick adjustment to an application. 128 mb RAM enables teaching up to 32 applications. Applications include: contour matching, sortation, verification, part/no part, orientation, object character verification, recipe and measurement. Application parameters are quickly established using the sensor’s Setup Wizard. The Wizard guides the user in a few steps to configure an application. The software can be downloaded at no cost by visiting ifm’s website.
ifm’s efector dualis Vision Sensor offers a price-to-performance ratio that allows the sensor to be used throughout a plant for error-proofing applications. efector dualis Vision Sensor offers a variety of features for industrial automation:
- Robust design and compact metal housing that provide long life and reliability in industrial environments.
- CMOS image sensor and DSP with no moving parts for durability.
- Fast image capture with a focus tool that quickly defines images.
- Integrated lighting that provides the correct amount of brightness and various ranges.
- High speed for conveyor and dynamic applications with moving targets.
- Easy setup using the Setup Wizard that provides step-by-step guidance.
- Supports Allen-Bradley’s Ethernet IP and standard Ethernet TCP products.
ifm efector inc.
Return to the list of the 2012 Engineers’ Choice finalists.