EC: Energy AnalytiX energy management system
Everyone is looking for ways to lower energy costs, reduce consumption, and minimize their carbon and environmental impact. Energy AnalytiX from Iconics addresses any application, from a single building to an entire campus or multisite enterprise. It allows users to create IT firewall-friendly, secure custom energy dashboards and kiosks to view energy reports analyzing their energy consumption patterns, resource usage, and progress on sustainability. Site managers, building engineers, and maintenance personnel can quickly and intuitively navigate and discover opportunities for improvement.
Energy AnalytiX is an off-the-shelf energy management system (EMS) that focuses on energy data analysis to increase efficiency and reduce overall operational costs. It helps with improving energy usage patterns, monitoring energy reliability, and even forecasting energy consumption. It collects energy meter data through ICONICS Universal Connectivity layer, for electric, gas, fuel oil, steam, chilled water, or any other meters through available networking.
Energy AnalytiX can even interface to the smart grid for rate and other supply information, and aggregates and records consumption data for long-term archiving and continuous analysis and comparison. The rate model configuration tools enable users to enter virtually any rate model that their utility contract defines, so that costs can be automatically derived and recorded for comparison to budgets and past performance, and for validation of actual utility bills.
Information obtained from Energy AnalytiX can be used to:
- Optimize an energy management program
- Drill down to identify inefficient assets that consume too much energy
- Identify peak usage periods to load-balance assets and take advantage of off-peak rates
- Visualize energy usage, cost, or carbon footprint per site, normalized by square foot or by occupancy
- Monitor equipment energy usage trends and details
- Notify personnel with alerts when meters fail or energy usage is unexpectedly high
- Automatically e-mail energy consumption and cost reports to managers.
Return to the list of the 2012 Engineers’ Choice finalists.