First solar power mini-inverter
CyboEnergy released what it calls the first mini-inverter for solar power.
CyboEnergy, a subsidiary of CyboSoft, General Cybernation Group Inc., announced today that it introduced CyboInverter, the world’s first solar power Mini-Inverter at the Intersolar exhibition in San Francisco on July 12-14, 2011.
In a solar power system, solar panels and inverters work together to collect solar energy and convert it into usable electricity. While solar panels have become commodity products, inverters remain a key energy harvest component that has attracted a lot of attention and investment.
CyboSoft chairman and CyboEnergy CEO, Dr. George Cheng, said, "We are very excited to introduce a new type of inverter for the solar power industry to help reduce the total product and installation costs. As the solar industry can no longer depend on government incentives, the CyboInverter will be an attractive product that offers scalability, grid-flexibility, high efficiency, long life, easy installation, and excellent per watt price. CyboSoft’s Model-Free Adaptive (MFA) control and optimization technology enabled us to develop the CyboInverter."
There are two main types of solar power inverters on the market: (i) Centralized Inverters, and (ii) Microinverters. The patent pending CyboInverter is the world’s first Mini-Inverter that possesses the key merits of both Centralized Inverters and Microinverters. What is more, a CyboInverter overcomes the main shortcomings of both Centralized Inverters and Microinverters with the following key features and benefits:
- A CyboInverter has multiple input channels to connect to multiple solar photovoltaic (PV) modules so that the inverter’s per watt cost can be sharply reduced.
- A CyboInverter can connect to multiple solar PV modules that may be different in types, sizes, and sunlight orientations.
- A CyboInverter can perform Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) on each connected solar module to optimize power production.
- A number of CyboInverters that connect to a mixed number and variety of PV modules can easily daisy chain with standard AC power cables and generate a total power equal to the summation of the AC power supplied by each CyboInverter.
- CyboInverters offer grid-flexibility with both Grid-tie and Off-grid CyboInverters in the same product family.