GE Fanuc and EnteGreat collaborate on industrial energy management product
GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, a unit of GE EnterpriseSolutions, has released Proficy SmartStart for Manufacturing Energy ManagementSolution, a packaged software and services solution, which is said to providecritical insight into energy usage to help customers reduce energy costs,improve production planning, identify sources of energy waste, and drive energymanagement best practices, while correlating energy costs with manufacturingproduction.
"As energy price volatility continues," said Sheila Kester, generalmanager, Operations Management Software for GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, "manufacturersare coming under increasing pressure to proactively manage their energyconsumption. Most companies have not factored energy consumption into theirtactical production planning/execution decisions or strategic planning becausethey don’t have the right data in the appropriate context. Timely visibility tothis important data at a local level (manufacturing area, equipment, andproduct) will allow companies to optimize their production-related energyconsumption."
The SmartStart Manufacturing Energy Management Solution,developed by GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms’ premier solution providerEnteGreat, applies Proficy software components that can be deployed to providecomprehensive insights into the energy profile and consumption at eachmanufacturing site within an enterprise. Features of the package provide:
- manufacturing context (product, batch, lot,equipment) for energy usage;
- real-time visualization of contextualized energyinformation which enables manufacturing personnel to optimize planning andexecution decisions; and
- accurate energy consumption data for performancemanagement reporting and analysis.
- Invensysintroduces Corporate Energy Management application
- Energy management central toleading manufacturers
- SchneiderElectric EcoStruXure energy management platform