Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference
The Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Department (I&CPS) of the IEEE Industry Applications Society will be presenting a conference in Newport Beach, California, on May 2-5 for updating the IEEE Color Book series into comprehensive sets, of individual standards, along with Technical Paper and Tutorial Presentations.
The 2011 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference is a gathering of experts who work and conduct research in the industrial application of electrical systems. The 2011 Conference will have a full program of tutorials, technical papers, and working group meetings during the five days of the conference as well as other notable events:
- Meetings for the Technical Book Coordinating Committee, which is responsible for updating the entire IEEE Color Book series and the P3000 Working Group meeting.
- Working groups and technical committees hold a number of meetings devoted to developing and updating the IEEE Color Book Standards, which provide information about electrical power production, distribution and utilization in industrial and commercial power systems. Conference attendees are encouraged to select the IEEE Color Books they are most interested in and join the working groups for those books.
- 30 selected technical papers presented by a wide variety of international authors. The papers will cover applications-related topics on power system engineering, power system protection, codes and standards, and energy systems.
- 4 half-day tutorials will be presented
The conference will feature a social event that honors members of the IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Department. The Awards Luncheon on Wednesday recognizes the winners of the Prize Papers Awards, Standard Medallion Awards, and the Department Achievement Award. This year there will also include the presentation for a long time IEEE IAS contributor who has been recently elevated to the status of IEEE Fellow.
– Edited by Gust Gianos, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com