No-code cloud offers safe, secure IIoT
Machine builders and other automation users can make no-code, secure cloud connections and embed Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) capabilities into applications that support Modbus communication protocol, including sensors, smart meters, extended input/output (I/O) devices.
- Do it yourself, drag-and-drop IIoT cloud platform saves time, money.
- IIoT cloud benefits include custom dashboards, less maintenance, more productivity.
- Get started with cloud-based IIoT platform in less than 30 minutes.
A no-code Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform, Unitronics UniCloud, is designed for machine builders. It is described as safe, secure and affordable IIoT platform that is easy to embed into applications that support Modbus communication protocol.
Benefits of cloud technology includes increased profit, effortless monitoring, easily-implemented business intelligence without investment in programmers, cloud or information technology (IT) professionals.
First versions of the UniCloud platform, launched in first-quarter 2021, were supported by Unitronics controllers, what the company called “first of its kind” offering, a controller with built-in cloud services without the need to purchase a subscription at additional cost. This release allows any user to integrate any programmable logic controller (PLC), or other devices that talk Modbus, such as sensors, smart meters, extended input/output (I/O) devices, into the Unitronics UniCloud platform in a secure way.
How does this differ from other cloud platforms?
IIoT cloud platforms can need extra resources, time, and money to develop and can be complicated to define, produce, maintain, and modify. Therefore, many original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are hesitant or afraid to introduce IIoT and cloud services into applications, even if they realize the business value. Ronny Or, Unitronics head of cloud, listed unique attributes of the platform:
- Independence for the OEMwith do-it yourself capabilities, without need for specialists or prior experience.
- Reduced costsfrom having to pay staff to do it for you.
- Reduced timeby avoiding coordination of specialists and professionals by using a drag and drop, no-code design.
- Easy maintenance and modifications: It’s easy tomodify organization by adding staff, assigning roles, adding customers and creating personalized dashboards.
Why machine builders need IoT
While cloud, IoT, IIoT and Industry 4.0 have been subjects of interest and industry development for years, profit is the reason for an OEM to join and use a cloud platform, Or suggested. A cloud platform allows ability to:
- Provide customized dashboards to collect and analyze machine data
- Cutmaintenance costs with predictive maintenance
- Use IIoT technology toincrease productivity
- Set and measurekey performance indicators (KPIs), and use data to improve performance.
These abilities improve organizational efficiency and increase profit.
OEM can connect to the cloud in less than 30 minutes
The platform allows a user to have a working, live, fully-functional dashboard that harvests, analyzes, and displays data in less than 30 minutes. The software simplifies complex task via a drag and drop interface.
Benny Magrefta, Unitronics head of R&D said: “Over 30 years of rich experience in designing products for automation and motion control has enabled Unitronics to create an end-to-end IIoT platform specifically designed for manufacturers and industrial control solutions — an easily implemented cloud solution to support any machine, no cloud experience needed.”
Industrial IoT brings many benefits to manufacturers around the world, Magrefta said, suggesting that businesses that don’t move to cloud, risk being left behind.
Edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager, Control Engineering, CFE Media and Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEYWORDS: Machine builder cloud platform, IIoT
Do it yourself, drag-and-drop IIoT cloud platform saves time, money.
IIoT cloud benefits include custom dashboards, less maintenance, more productivity.
Get started with cloud-based IIoT platform in less than 30 minutes.
Need IIoT cloud platform capabilities, like predictive maintenance, without coding?