Turck Quick-Disconnect Receptacle, certified explosion-proof
Turck 7/8-16UN minifast explosion-proof feed-through receptacle is CSA certified as a secondary conduit seal. This quick-disconnect solution can provide a secondary conduit seal to prevent gas migration or as a boundary seal, when used with a Turck CSA certified cordset. The image shows how it might be installed with a flowmeter or transmitter.
The receptacle may be applied in Class I, Division 2 locations without the use of intrinsically safe circuits or in Class I, Division 1 locations with intrinsically safe circuits, Turck says.
Fully potted in a durable 316 stainless steel housing, the explosion-proof feed-through receptacle is designed to withstand 2,000 psi of pressure. It also provides IEC IP67 protection against liquid ingress when a mating connector is attached. The receptacle installs directly into 1/2-14NPT threaded conduit entries and is rated for 600 V and 9 A. When used as a secondary conduit seal, the receptacle is limited to 30 V and 600 mA.
Turck provides sensing, connectivity, and network products to help manufacturers improve automated processes. www.turck.us
Also read from Control Engineering :
– Turck offers Gen. 2 AS-interface (AS-i) safety gateways manufactured by Bihl+Wiedemann ;
– RFID slice: Turck BL67 modular distributed I/O system has a Simple RFID (RFID-S) ;
– Proximity Sensor Tutorial Video: Inductive and Capactive Sensors ;
– Industrial Network Product Channel on Control Engineering .
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com.