Webcast: Next Generation Industrial HMIs
The evolving sophistication of human-machine interface (HMI) software requires maintaining compatibility with applications created in previous software versions. System integrators and end users are faced with choices such as upgrading the operating system and HMI software versus selecting a new HMI software vendor. Tablets and smartphones are emerging as a next-generation HMI platform as plant connectivity becomes more pervasive. Many HMI software packages allow remote maintenance, troubleshooting, or even visualization of the application. In the era of the Internet of Things (IoT), data and connectivity reign supreme, and updating a human-machine interface (HMI) platform can augment information flow.
Through this webcast, participants will learn about: HMI software, hardware compatibility; scalability; mobility; accessibility; and applications. An RCEP Professional Development Hour (PDH) is available.
- Standards associated with HMIs
- How information integration and mobility are enabling IIoT and Industrie 4.0
- How smartphones and tablets are extending HMI reach, flexibility
- Using HMIs for remote monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, and visualization
- Upgrading operating system and HMI software versus selecting a new vendor
- Applications associated with next-generation industrial HMIs.
Presenters: Dennis Brandl, founder of BR&L Consulting & John Boyd, Technology Leader, Maverick Technologies
Moderator: Jack Smith, content manager, Control Engineering; editor, AppliedAutomation; CFE Media LLC