When secure data matters, use this modular industrial connectivity device
eWon, a Belgian provider of remote access connectivity for industrial devices and sites, is now introducing the Flexy, what it calls "the first modular and flexible industrial connectivity device featuring extension cards." With the eWon Flexy, it is possible to build the connectivity solution needed for each application and project.
The new eWon Flexy, the first modular industrial machine to machine (M2M) device available on the market, consists of a base module and a maximum of four extension cards allowing many connectivity options: Ethernet/serial/MPI, WAN, Wi-Fi, dialup, 3G and 4G.
"The modularity of the Flexy is designed to fulfill the need for flexibility that system integrators and OEMs [original equipment manufacturers] encounter on a daily basis on each project. Being able to easily adapt and take advantage of new, better, cheaper public infrastructure is an essential asset," according to Serge Bassem, eWon’s CEO.
The Flexy is designed to best answer these market requirements:
- Combine easy virtual private network (VPN) remote access and data collection with one piece of hardware
- Modularity to keep up with evolving communication technologies (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G)
- Ethernet and serial ports with major programmable logic controller (PLC) protocols for connectivity with wide range of devices
- Flexible apps, embedded alarms, data logging, remote access, and routing/web human machine interface (HMI) applications with easy Web-based configuration and programming tools for customization
- Cost-effective design: Buy only the modules you need.
The eWon Flexy is compliant with Talk2M, the industrial cloud connectivity service hosted by eWon on multiple servers worldwide, and with eFive, a VPN server appliance, for real-time control applications. With full integration of IT security standards, the eWon Flexy and Talk2M VPN service enable a secure VPN connection to transfer data and perform troubleshooting operations with remote equipment without requiring any changes to IT network security settings at either end.
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager, CFE Media, Control Engineering, email@example.com. This is a June Control Engineering print and digital edition Product Exclusive.
www.controleng.com/products …has additional product information.
eWON is a CSIA member as of 3/1/2015