PLM data: Enovia SmarTeam data migration import utility enhanced
Rand Worldwide, a global services organization targeting organizations in the building, infrastructure and manufacturing industries that use product lifecycle management (PLM) technology, announced that version 2.4 of its Advanced Data Migration Import Tool (Admit) tool is available. Improvements to this migration utility for users of Dassault Systemes’ ENOVIA SmarTeam software include the ability to update Primary Key attributes using virtual fields, and the ability to save screen visual settings (column widths, sort orders, etc.).
A majority of the time spent when importing of large amounts of electronic data into a Product Lifecycle Management system is expended on trying to manually attain and measure the accuracy of the migrated data. Rand Worldwide created the ADMIT utility to help reduce the time spent on this task.
"You really need to have experienced the difficulties of using the traditional import tools to truly appreciate the value of [the software]," said Amy Mueller, MIS Engineer, Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing. "It ensured our data migration was a fast, easy, accurate, and most importantly a traceable import of our flat file legacy data."
Admit functionally supports the development of a comprehensive data migration plan, including documentation, definition, testing, and measurement of the results. Additional enhancements in v2.4 include:
• Ability to update objects searching on non-Primary Key fields (e.g. update by Part Number)
• Ability to generate file names from both object attribute values and data input fields
• Enhanced error reporting
• Added ability to generate Mappings Report and Statistics Report to MS Excel, MS Word or Text files
• Improved handling of mapping the File Type field if several overlapping methods are used in an import job
• Added ability for future data import jobs operating on a TDM_ID value generated by an earlier import job
View the Admit utility brochure online.
–Edited by Renee Robbins, www.mbtmag.com