CFE Media is dedicated to the mission of education for both our subscribers and our marketing partners. One of the ways we implement educational opportunities with our partners is through in-person and online events. The Marketing to Engineers® seminar features industry experts presenting tips for successful integrated marketing campaigns and the latest trends relevant to the engineering community.
Join CFE Media for an afternoon of education on marketing to engineers on Monday, March 23, 2015, in downtown Chicago. During the educational sessions, industry experts will discuss strategies and tactics for marketing to engineers effectively.
The event starts on Monday at 12:00 p.m. CT, March 23, at the Park Hyatt Chicago—800 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The afternoon session will bring together some of the top marketing experts in the industry! Registration fee: $135.00, early registration discounted 30% with promo code: MARKETING30
Marketing to Engineers®: Monday, March 23, 2015. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Marketing to Engineers® Seminar. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be served. Attend and hear experts discuss the following:
- Right Brain Marketing: Tapping Into the Engineers Brain
- Meeting Engineers along the Buyer’s Journey
- Results of the latest Marketing to Engineers™ research
- The Magic of Marketing Automation
- Digital Fitness - Tips & Tools for Trimming the Digital Fat in 2015
- Integrated Marketing: The Drive for Measurable Results
- Panel: Perspective from Suppliers and Engineers: Discussion about the latest research on best practices for how to market to engineers effectively.
5:30 p.m.: Cocktails and Networking
In March 2014, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During this afternoon session, industry experts presented tips for marketing communications, new product introductions, marketing campaigns, industrial branding, and other marketing to engineers tools.
- Integrating the Marketing & Engineering Points of View in Marketing Communications: Brit Buchanon & Leonard Salamida
- Eliminating bias and jargon from marketing communications
- Understanding how engineers create and understand communications
- Communicating with the B2B buyer
- Market dynamics and changes
- Results oriented marketing for new products
- Barriers and opportunities
- What is an integrated marketing campaign?
- What are the foundational elements that must be addressed?
- How do you know you've succeeded?
- The importance of leading with a true brand strategy vs. feature/benefit product strategy
- How brands are either built or destroyed by a company's actions or inaction
- Why people buy brands and understanding how the attachment to a brand works
- Be Intentional: Why is this the RIGHT message to share RIGHT now?
- Be Generous: What expertise will help AND and build trust?
- Be Ready: How will we get found AND listen?
In March 2013, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During this afternoon session, industry experts presented tips for website design, content marketing strategies, and best practices for marketing to engineers.
- Website Design: Search Marketing Best Practices: Steve Krull
- Why content is (still) King
- Aligning navigation with user intent, and using research to influence what you think
- Designing with content in mind
- Content Marketing Strategy: Giving Away Your Secret Sauce: Joe Pulizzi
- The latest in content marketing research
- How B2B companies and those that target engineers can leverage content marketing to find and retain more customers
- Great content marketing examples in action
- Best Practices for Marketing to Engineers: Alicia DuBay
- The challenges of marketing to engineers
- What today's successful integrated marketing campaign looks like
- Case study: A campaign that worked well for ABB
In March 2012, CFE Media hosted the Marketing to Engineers® event in downtown Chicago. During this afternoon session, industry experts presented tips for successful integrated marketing campaigns and covered the latest trends in social media relevant to the engineering community.
- Engineers: A Day in the Life: Michael Uttech
- Adjusting to 24/7 work
- Project case study
- How do engineers get information today?
- How to Run a Successful Integrated Marketing Program: Lawrence Wegner
- Running a successful dynamic integrated program
- Knowing your audience
- How do you choose the right media channels to get the best ROI?
- Best practices in campaign strategy, implementation and measurement
- Social Media in the B-to-B World, Part 1: Steve Krull
- What is social media?: Busting social myths
- Putting the right social media strategy into context
- Implementation: Putting Strategy into Action
- Social Media in the B-to-B World, Part 2: Jim Cahill
- Why social media for automation suppliers?
- Understanding the correct approach to social media marketing with your engineering audience
- How we connect with manufacturers through social media to grow business opportunities