System Integrator of the Year
For the 15th System Integrator of the Year program, Control Engineering and Plant Engineering are looking for the best integrators in the automation business to feature on the cover of the Global System Integrator Report in December 2019.
Enter your firm’s information for the 2020 System Integrator of the Year program today! Submissions must be received by August 9, 2019.
- Create/update your company’s profile in the Global System Integrator Database
- This database is accessible to Control Engineering’s and Plant Engineering’s global audience throughout China, Europe and North America.
- While creating/updaitng your online corporate profile, please make sure to go to the “CFE Award Programs” section of your profile to see the submission guidelines, and indicate your interest in participating.
- Document your company’s level of achievement in each of the following areas, focusing on qualities, strategies, and procedures that differentiate your company from other integrators:
- Business skills
- Does your company have any written policies that detail your financial, human resources, management and other business procedures?
- Does your company hold any professional certifications from the ISO, CSIA, automation vendors or any other third parties qualified to assess your business skills?
- Have you ever completed any self-evaluations or undertaken any in-house initiatives to formalize your business procedures?
- Technical competence
- Does your company employ degreed engineers, Professional Engineers, Certified Automation Professionals or other technical personnel with professional credentials?
- Can you provide a success story outlining a difficult automation problem that you were able to solve for a client? Was there anything particularly innovative about your solution?
- Have you ever successfully completed a project that had previously proven too difficult for the client’s in-house engineers or another system integrator?
- Customer satisfaction
- Has your company ever received any awards or letters of commendation for a job well done?
- Do you have procedures for tracking customer satisfaction and redressing their grievances?
- Can you provide references that we may contact?
- Business skills
- Mail four (4) hard copies of the documentation from Step 2 to:
Director of Business and Market Development
3010 Highland Parkway, Ste. 325
Downers Grove, IL 60515
For the purposes of this competition, a “system integrator” is a contract engineering firm or an engineering division of a larger company that can design and implement computerized control systems for industrial machinery, manufacturing lines or other automated facilities that produce either a commodity or a finished product. Examples would include automation, control, robotic and test system integrators as well as automation contractors, automated machine builders, multi-disciplinary engineering firms with instrumentation and automation divisions, and product vendors that also offer application engineering services.
A system integrator may or may not provide the automation products required for a particular project but must be capable of integrating both the hardware and the software with the client’s existing facilities. Companies that provide individual elements of an automation project such as consulting, programming, electrical contracting, or panel construction are not considered “system integrators” unless they also offer the remaining services required for a complete turnkey installation.
Past System Integrator of the Year winners: Class of 2019, Class of 2018, and Class of 2017 are not eligible to enter the 2020 System Integrator of the Year program.
For more information about this program, please contact Bailey Rice at email@example.com or 630-310-2598.