Advantech: Ethernet switches; touch panel, embedded computer; develop better GUIs
New technology at 2008 eAutomation World Partner Conference for the Industrial Automation Group of Advantech included Ethernet switches; touch panel and embedded computers; and software to develop better graphical user interfaces (GUIs). See photos.
LogixView software helps develop Advantech GUIs.
Advantech EKI-1524 Serial Device Server
IPPC-7157A industrial panel PC from Advantech
Advantech PCM-3614I (4-port)
UNO-1150 is an AMD GX2 400 MHz Embedded Automation Computer from Advantech.
Cincinnati, OH – New technology was showcased as The Industrial Automation Group of Advantech held its 2008 eAutomation World Partner Conference at the end of August in Monterey, CA. Product workshops reflected the theme “Empower eAutomation Growth with Focused Partnerships.” Among the new product introductions were Ethernet switches; touch panel and embedded computers; and software to develop better graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
• LogixView software helps develop the graphic user interface for monitoring and controlling Advantech eAutomation products on WindowsCE based devices.
• The TPC-870H 8-in. VGA TFT LCD touch panel computer is designed with an Intel Celeron M 1 GHz fanless processor with low power consumption.
• Four new managed industrial Ethernet switches with integrated 100Mbps fiber optic ports are the EKI-7554MI, EKI-7554SI, EKI-7559MI, and EKI-7559SI.
• The FPM-5151G 15-in. (1024 x 768 resolution) LCD flat panel monitor is specifically designed for industrial applications.
• The IPPC-6172A industrial panel PC features a 17-in. SXGA TFT LCD with an Intel Pentium M/Celeron M processor (up to 2 GHz), 5 x USB 2.0 ports, up to 2 GB DDR2 memory, CD-ROM, 2 x PCI expansion slots, Gigabit LAN support, and supports Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/NT.
• The EKI-1524 Serial Device Server , the latest addition to the EKI-1500 family, allows up to four RS-232/422/485 serial devices to be remotely monitored, managed, and controlled over Ethernet and Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
• IPPC-7157A industrial panel PC has a 15 in. XGA TFT LCD and
• Advantech Studio 6.1 is a Web-enabled HMI/SCADA software tool. Advantech Studio 6.1 enables complete control and monitoring facility operations through the internet from anywhere outside the location.
• The PCM-3614I (4-port) and PCM-3641I (8-port) RS-232/422/485 PCI-104 modules feature automatic RS-485 data flow control.
• The UNO-1150, is an AMD GX2 400 MHz Embedded Automation Computer with one RS-232 port, two RS-232/422/485 ports with automatic flow control, two 10/100Base-T RJ-45 ports, and two USB ports.
The expansion of the ADAM PC line will take on additional roles of the multidisplined automation platform, building on the ARC Advisory Group definition of a PAC– including mutlidomain systems, all based on open, standards-based, modular, and scalable control architectures. In a presentation at the conference, ARC research director Craig Resnick addressed the issues of sustainability, as well as the way PACs help manufacturers, processors, and facilitiesmeet the challenge.
The event outlined Advantech’s position among its channels as a global provider of solutions that include machine and building automation, power and energy, environmental monitoring, facility management systems, and transportation. The conference was held in conjunction with Advantech’s 25th anniversary. According to Ming-Chin Wu, president of the Industrial Automation Group, “With the focused eAutomation partnership, we will build up an open service platform for our partners to grow the business together.”
— Control Engineering News Desk
Register here and scroll down to select your choice of free eNewsletters .