Rugged cellular modems resist power surges
The M100CDMA cellular modem by Richardson RFPD is designed with a high voltage range and is resistant to power surges, making it suitable for demanding industrial applications.
Richardson RFPD Inc.'s rugged cellular CDMA 1xRTT modems for M2M applications from Maestro Wireless Solutions are now available with full design support capabilities. The M100CDMA has been certified by regulatory bodies as well as Tier 1 network operators, including Verizon and Sprint. Compact, with a high voltage range and resistant to power surges, the device can easily be integrated into demanding industrial applications from electricity meters to intrusion alarms or vending machines. Additional suitable applications include OEM integration and SCADA/Telemetry. The device is also equipped with a GPS chip on-board to support location and tracking applications.
Key features of the M100CDMA include:
- Sierra Wireless Q26 Elite Dual Band IS-2000 (800/1900 MHz), 1xRTT CDMA module
- Rugged metal industrial case
- 800/1900 MHz
- Full TCP/IP stack, SMS
- RS232 interface
- Fully certified on Verizon, Sprint, and Aeris networks
- Embedded gpsOne
- 30 to +75 C operating temperature
- High voltage range: 9-60 V dc
Richardson RFPD, Inc.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
More industrial network information is available at controleng.com/networks