Current transducers for DC monitoring
NK Technologies’ DT Series Large Aperture Current Transducers combines a hall effect sensor and signal conditioner into one package for use in dc current applications up to 1200 amps. Factory calibrated ranges simplify operation and eliminate zero and span pots. Industry standard 4-20 mA, 0-5 V dc or 0-10 V dc outputs are magnetically isolated from the input to provide maximum safety, and eliminate insertion losses. Internal power regulation delivers reliable operation and helps keep installation costs low, even in applications with unregulated power. A DIN-rail mount enclosure makes installation easy.
The ability to monitor any circuit up to 1200 amps makes DT series large aperture current transducers ideally suited for any number of applications, including:
- Monitoring load and charging currents, and verifying operation, of battery banks.
- Measuring traction power or auxiliary loads in transportation applications.
- Monitoring dc powered motors in cranes, saws, sorters and positioning equipment.
- Measuring the current produced or consumed, and detecting mechanical problems before a failure occurs, in wind and solar power generation applications.
– Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com