EC: 800xA Networks NE870
ABB’s System 800xA Networks (including the NE800 family of routers / switches) enable engineers to configure and monitor complex automation system network architectures using easily installed preconfigured components.
The benefits of using ABB’s 800xA network equipment include:
- Standard configuration objects reduce the amount of engineering time required to configure and deploy a System 800xA automation network
- Use of preconfigured equipment ensures equipment status and alarms are seamlessly available within an 800xA control system
- Manual configuration steps are minimized, reducing errors and increasing the robustness of the control and client server networks.
Installing ABB’s Redundant Network Routing Protocol (RNRP) routers / switches with two separate communication networks enables a 100% reliable network even if a media break occurs. The new NE870 RNRP router can be used to significantly increase the security and availability of the 800xA control system networks. It can be used to:
- Securely connect a control network to the system client server network – Create a redundant connection to a DMZ
- Connect two separate controller areas
- Connect multiple controller networks to a controller "backbone"
- Create a secure "tunnel" between controller areas.
The NE870 is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications with a robust aluminum housing. Its wide power range and I/O fault contact make it ideal for easy installation and monitoring in industrial applications. The NE870 has been tested to meet EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.