Spatial intelligence platform for robots, industrial automation equipment
Humatics Corp.'s Spatial Intelligence platform is comprised of radio-frequency beacons deployed in a constellation, mobile sensors, and a software suite.
Humatics Corp. announced the commercial launch of its Spatial Intelligence platform. The platform comprises radio-frequency beacons deployed in a constellation, mobile sensors, and a software suite. Together, these positioning products are designed to help robots and industrial automation equipment locate themselves, navigate through complex environments, and collaborate with people. The first platform offerings include:
- The KinetIQ 300 system localizes mobile objects in 2-D and 3-D within 2 cm of precision at ranges up to 500 m,
- The KinetIQ 100 system measures distances with 2 cm of precision at ranges up to 500 m, and
- The KinetIQ OS is a suite of spatial intelligence software providing provisioning, monitoring, and data analytics services along with an extensible application programming interface (API).
Industrial applications could include:
- Automated guided vehicle (AGV) and mobile robot navigation
- Industrial vehicle tracking, collision avoidance, and platooning
- Tool tracking
- Crane positioning
- Drone navigation
- Digital twin and other Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications.
The Humatics platform enables route changes without remapping or infrastructure adjustments. It works in both indoor and outdoor environments, regardless of weather conditions and allows for navigation in open and constantly changing environments where vision systems degrade.
– Edited from a Humatics press release by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering discrete sensor and vision stories.