Omlox benefits for manufacturers
Omlox is an open and interoperable standard for a real-time location system (RTLS) in manufacturing industries.
Omlox is designed to define open interfaces for an interoperable localization system. Omlox enables interoperability and flexibility amongst different trackable providers within single or multiple tracking zones. It consists of two parts: the hub and core zone.
Omlox core zone features
The omlox core zone works in conjunction with open interfaces and ultra-wideband (UWB) technology. The UWB radio standard is often used for indoor locating tasks in factories, such as navigating automated guided vehicles (AGV), autonomous mobile robots (AMR) or drones, and locating materials or orders. On the one side, the omlox air-interface connects products (e.g. AMRs) and infrastructure (e.g. satellites). On the other side, the omlox hub API connects the core zone with the hub. Interoperability allows companies to easily network all omlox-enabled UWB products, regardless of the manufacturer.
Five benefits of UWB include:
- High accuracy & precision (< 10cm)
- Low sensitivity to interference (4GHz)
- High data transmission rates
- Low power consumption
- Guaranteed interoperability.
Omlox hub features
In addition to UWB, other locating technologies such as RFID, 5G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS are often used in production, delivery, and storage. The omlox hub enables interoperability and flexibility across these different complementary zones. Applications such as production control systems, goods tracking, and navigation can therefore be networked across zones.
Omlox hub benefits include:
- Open and interoperable (no lock-in effect)
- Display of all elements in a smart factory map
- Seamless indoor and outdoor tracking of assets across technology boundaries
- Use of existing locating services (brownfield & retrofit)
- Significantly lower amortization costs; elimination of expensive integration projects
- Easy to implement (plug and play)
- Broad consortium with a wide range of products.