Working together for ICS digital safety and cybersecurity: Perspectives and insights from an ex-IT guy
With convergence between IT and OT and the advent of Industry 4.0 and 5.0, the need for common understanding and processes relating to digital safety and cybersecurity is crucial.
- Discover what digital safety is and why it’s important
- Learn how to determine who’s responsible for digital safety and ways to secure buy-in
- Acquire methods to gain a baseline of understanding for digital safety and cybersecurity within your organization
- Explore conflicting perspectives that can get in the way of executing digital safety protocols
- Evaluate multiple ways to move forward based on your organization’s structure and needs
Lines of delineation between IT and OT have historically been siloed and separate. However, with convergence between the two and the advent of Industry 4.0 and 5.0, the need for common understanding and processes relating to digital safety and cybersecurity is crucial. But why does it seem so difficult at times to address?
By understanding the dynamics — including people, processes, technologies, solutions, roles and procedures — from both an IT and OT perspective, you can create more effective and robust cybersecurity to help prevent threats. Learn from a former CIO of a global organization who is now helping companies address OT security risks.