Hot Control Engineering controllers articles in 2022
The most-viewed articles about controllers posted over the last year include PLC programming advice, tips and picking the best controller.
Control Engineering top 5 articles online about controllers posted over the last year covered PLC programming advice, tips and picking the best controller. Also: See additional controller stories here.
1. PLC programming: What you need to know, July 7: While the programmable logic controller (PLC) is very important, the programming inside the controller is just as critical and can be overlooked.
2. PLC programming dos and don’ts to consider, October 26: Programmable logic controller (PLC) programming is often done to resolve an immediate problem, but this can lead to long-term issues, particularly if the original programmer isn’t around.
3. 7 tips every PLC programmer should know, May 16: A good programmable logic controller (PLC) programmer should keep the end user in mind when writing code and implement it that is best for the situation.
4. Tutorial: How to find the best controller, September 6: Control system designers consistently seek the best control method for an application. See examples, equations and graphics.
5. Understanding the critical role of metrics for advanced process controls, March 1: Advanced process controls (APC) requires appropriate metrics, or key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure safe, efficient operations. Alarms, relief valves, safety systems and APC need monitoring. Learn five good APC metrics, the missing metric and four recommended practices for APC metrics.