Hot Control Engineering motors and drives articles in 2021
The most-viewed articles about motors and drives posted over the last year include servomotor types, electric motors, motor types and more.
Control Engineering top 5 articles online about motors and drives posted over the last year covered servomotor types, electric motors, motor types and more. Also: See additional motor and drive stories here.
1. Direct drive vs. geared rotary servomotor: A quantification of design advantage: Part 2, January 19: Testing a direct drive and geared rotary servomotor shows there are some significant differences between the two when actually put into practice.
2. Differences between NEMA and IEC electric motors, September 17: NEMA and IEC motors are similar but have different usual practices; take care when managing a facility with a mixed population.
3. Your questions answered: Motors and drives: Tips and tools for efficient motor management, January 28: Webcast presenter Michael Lyda answers additional questions on motor management tips and tools.
4. Direct drive vs. geared rotary servomotor: A quantification of design advantage: Part 3, February 17: Direct-drive servomotors are becoming more common as range and availability expands for use in many machine and motor applications.
5. Motors & Drives: Tips and tools for efficient motor management, Part 4, August 12: Michael Lyda, motor and drive engineer with Advanced Energy Corp., explains tips and tools for efficient motor management in this transcript from a December 2020 webcast.
On Mondays, see the top 5 articles of the prior week.