Five control panel building tips
Software, data management, and decreased wiring are among control panel design benefits, when digitalization is integrated in design.
Optimizing control panel planning and designs increases efficiencies, decreases wiring and enables new opportunities for industrial digitalization.
Mike Burke and Gerhard Flierl, control panel consultants with Siemens, explained that electrical planning can be complex and multifaceted, with many possibilities for improving efficiency.
Efficiencies in control panel design include:
- Use of electronic computer-aided design (ECAD) software features to help automate and optimize the design.
- Setup of optimized data management.
- Because engineering costs can account for half of a control panel’s cost, downloading and using information from the design simplifies creation of related documents and other types of data needed during electrical project engineering and documentation creation.
- Reduction of engineering costs using ECAD software and other tools.
- Getting data from the panel quickly and easily saves costs and time.
For more on these topics, industry experts from Siemens, Eplan, UL, and CSA will host a Control Panel Online Symposium on Dec. 12 for electrical engineers, engineers or anyone involved in the design and manufacturing of industrial control panels.
KEYWORDS: Control panel design, digitalization
Optimize control panel design with electronic computer-aided design software.
Design information can help create related documents.
The control panel itself can provide digital information.
Are your control panel designs optimized? Do they deliver needed data?