Control Engineering August 2021 edition gets a grip on applying automation
How to apply automation is the topical focus of the August 2021 digital edition of Control Engineering. Link to the August issue articles below and to prior 2021 issues.
- Control Engineering helps with applying automation.
- August 2021 print/digital edition links to more than a dozen articles providing help to apply automation.
- Controls, automation and instrumentation answers on other topics are available.
It can be complicated for end-users, machine builders, system integrators and automation suppliers to apply and integrate automation in new applications or to existing systems. That’s why Control Engineering, a magazine covering automation, controls and instrumentation since 1954, published more than a dozen articles in and linking to the August 2021 digital edition to help subscribers apply automation. Link to the August 2021 Control Engineering issue table of contents to see those articles, and others, described below. Also link to prior 2021 issues of Control Engineering to date.
Articles to help with applying automation
Control Engineering August articles to help in applying automation include the following topics.
- Inside the how-to guide for applying automation
- 4 considerations to apply automation
- How automation will transform workforce
- Role of the system integrator in digital transformation
- Accelerate machine designs via digital twin collaboration
- How to achieve effective process safety
- 3 ways to succeed with collaborative robots
- 7 things needed to deploy cobots
- Five trends of Industry 4.0 outline the future of flexible factories
- Access real-time data; avoid digital blind spots
- Manufacturing analytics, machine learning benefits
- On the edge: Smartening up sensors
- Industrial wireless features RTU and SCADA systems help with telemetry monitoring, control
- Advice: Exploring best practices for industrial wireless
Advanced process control, 5G, batch records
Other important topics in August Control Engineering include advanced control, cybersecurity, 5G, batch records and more:
- Multivariable control as a core competency
- Six steps to improve computer hardening
- Upgrading industrial PC cybersecurity in manufacturing
- How automation benefits from 5G
- Data integrity with electronic batch records
- The best engineers are going to the competition, and here’s why
- Single blade rotary knife: Application overview
- Evaluating large robots, other motion control
- Is IEC 61499 the beginning of the end of the PLC era?
Other materials include product information, webcasts and online courses.
Browse back issues of Control Engineering
Focus for the following 2021 issues follow. Go to www.controleng.com/magazine to see these and other automation, control and instrumentation topics.
January – The role of PLC in future control systems
February – Real advantages of artificial intelligence
March – More answers on motor efficiency
April – How to do IIoT for automation
May – Designing control system resiliency
June – Six things to know about calibration
July – Controller code: Use the best code for the job.
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager, Control Engineering, CFE Media, firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEYWORDS: Control Engineering, applying automation
Does your automation education include Control Engineering, an authoritative industry source since 1954?